Locations: Philadelphia, PA | Chillicothe, OH | Little Rock, AR | Abilene, TX | Arlington, WA Newport, OR | Corona, CA | Reno, NV | Albuquerque, NM | Concord, MA | Gainesville, GA
Available: $80/hr – $100/hr
Pinnacle Alliances is looking for compassionate Registered Nurse for Post Anesthesia Care Unit. We have contracts available with more than 500 healthcare facilities including, Hospitals, Community Centers, Skilled Nursing Facilities, Clinics, Corrections, etc.
We are seeking a dedicated PACU nurse to carefully monitor the condition of patients who are waking up from post-operative anesthesia. You will be monitoring levels of consciousness, measuring vital signs, and treating post-operative side effects of anesthesia medication such as pain or nausea.
To ensure success as a PACU nurse, you should possess experience in caring for post-anesthesia patients and the ability to function in a high-pressure environment. An accomplished PACU nurse will be someone whose expertise results in patients who feel reassured while safely recovering from anesthesia.
PACU Nurse Responsibilities:
- Monitoring post-operative patients’ levels of consciousness during recovery from anesthesia.
- Measuring and recording patients’ vital signs.
- Closely observing patients for signs of side effects of anethesia medication.
- Treating pain, nausea, and other post-operative symptoms of anesthesia.
- Updating charts, patient files, and medical records.
- Collaborating with the medical team on post-operative patient care and facilitating timely specialized interventions.
- Providing comfort and reassurance to distressed post-operative patients and concerned family members.
- Educating patients and their families on post-surgery care, as well as answering questions.
PACU Nurse Requirements:
- An associate’s or bachelor of science degree in nursing (BSN).
- Registered Nurse (RN) certification.
- Certified post-anesthesia nurse (CPAN) preferred.
- At least two years’ of experience as a nurse in a post-anesthesia care unit.
- Proficiency in electronic hospital management systems, such as eHospital and Mediexcel.
- Extensive experience in measuring and interpreting vital signs and levels of consciousness.
- Advanced knowledge of best practices in patient care.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Superb organizational and time management abilities.
- Availability to work rotational shifts, including nights, weekends, and public holidays.