Locations: Philadelphia, PA | Chillicothe, OH | Little Rock, AR | Abilene, TX | Arlington, WA Newport, OR | Corona, CA | Reno, NV | Albuquerque, NM | Concord, MA | Gainesville, GA
Available Rates: $100/hr – $120/hr
Pinnacle Alliances is looking for compassionate Registered Nurse for Operating Room. We have contracts available with more than 500 healthcare facilities including, Hospitals, Community Centers, Skilled Nursing Facilities, Clinics, Corrections, etc.
We are seeking a highly capable operating room nurse to prepare instruments and equipment for surgical procedures, as well as providing patients with perioperative care. In this role, your duties will include preparing operating rooms, liaising with healthcare professionals on patient care, and providing patients with post-surgery instructions.
To ensure success, operating room nurses should possess extensive experience in providing patients with post-operative care and exhibit specialized knowledge of sterilization techniques. First-class candidates demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to provide a high level of care under pressure.
Operating Room Nurse Responsibilities:
- Providing surgical patients with perioperative care in recovery, procedure, and operating rooms.
- Stocking operating rooms with sterile surgical equipment, linens, and supplies.
- Developing and implementing nursing care plans for surgical patients.
- Preparing patients for surgery by cleaning and disinfecting areas to be operated on.
- Assisting surgeons during surgical procedures.
- Applying sterile techniques in handling medical instruments and equipment pre-, during, and post-surgery.
- Collaborating with surgical teams and other medical professionals on patient medication and post-surgery care.
- Updating patient files and medical records.
- Assisting with the ordering, maintenance, and safe storage of surgical equipment and supplies.
- Providing patients with post-surgery care instructions and answering questions.
Operating Room Nurse Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in nursing degree (BSN).
- State-approved Registered Nurse (RN).
- Certification as an Operating Room Nurse (CNOR).
- 3-5 years of experience as a nurse providing perioperative care.
- Exceptional knowledge of surgical instruments and equipment, as well as sterile techniques.
- Proficiency in recordkeeping and patient management systems, such as eHospital and PatientTrak.
- Advanced proficiency in developing and implementing perioperative nursing care plans.
- Ability to collaborate with surgical teams and healthcare specialists.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in healthcare.
Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.