Locations: Philadelphia, PA | Chillicothe, OH | Little Rock, AR | Abilene, TX | Arlington, WA Newport, OR | Corona, CA | Reno, NV | Albuquerque, NM | Concord, MA | Gainesville, GA
Available Rate: $65/hr – $100/hr
Pinnacle Alliances is looking for compassionate Registered Nurses for Med/Surg Floors. We have contracts available with more than 500 healthcare facilities including, Hospitals, Community Centers, Skilled Nursing Facilities, Clinics, Corrections, etc.
As a Medical Surgical Floor Nurse your aim will be to provide bedside care for pre-and post-surgery patients, monitoring vital signs, and administering prescribed medications.
To ensure success, medical-surgical nurses should possess extensive knowledge of various health conditions and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. An outstanding medical-surgical nurse will be someone whose expertise translates into exceptional patient care.
Medical-Surgical Nurse Responsibilities:
- Assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care plans in consultation with healthcare professionals.
- Evaluating medical information, as well as providing direct and individualized bedside nursing care to pre-and post-surgery patients.
- Preparing, administering and recording prescribed medications.
- Changing dressings, inserting catheters, and starting IVs.
- Adjusting specialized medical equipment as needed, as well as interpreting and recording measurements.
- Monitoring patients’ vitals and reporting adverse reactions to medications in a timely manner.
- Collaborating on discharge planning with the healthcare team.
- Answering questions and educating patients and their families on surgical procedures and post-surgery care.
- Maintaining and updating patient files, medical charts, and health records.
- Adhering to best nursing practices, standards, and protocols.
Medical-Surgical Nurse Requirements:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- State-approved nursing licensure/Multistate License in case of Compact States.
- At least one years’ experience as a medical-surgical nurse in a similar facility.
- Competency in EMR Systems, such as Meditech, Cerner, EPIC, Point Click Care, etc.
- Extensive experience in monitoring a broad range of medical conditions.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in medical-surgical nursing.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Superb interpersonal, communication, and collaboration abilities.