Locations: Philadelphia, PA | Chillicothe, OH | Little Rock, AR | Abilene, TX | Arlington, WA Newport, OR | Corona, CA | Reno, NV | Albuquerque, NM | Concord, MA | Gainesville, GA
Available: $80/hr – $100/hr
Pinnacle Alliances is looking for compassionate Registered Nurse for Hemodialysis Ward in Renal Hospital. We have contracts available with more than 500 healthcare facilities including, Hospitals, Community Centers, Skilled Nursing Facilities, Clinics, Corrections, etc.
We are looking for a dedicated and experienced dialysis nurse to provide quality care to patients in need of dialysis treatment. The dialysis nurse’s responsibilities include referring patients to dieticians, social workers, or vascular access centers as required, evaluating patients’ lab results, and answering patients’ questions regarding dialysis treatments. You should also ensure that the dialysis machines and equipment are in good working order.
To be successful as a dialysis nurse, you should be compassionate toward patients and able to handle stressful situations. Ultimately, an exceptional dialysis nurse should have an excellent bedside manner, and demonstrate outstanding communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Dialysis Nurse Responsibilities:
- Checking and recording patients’ vitals before, during, and after dialysis treatment.
- Ensuring that hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis treatments are administered to patients correctly.
- Monitoring patients during dialysis treatment to identify any adverse reactions.
- Preparing and updating nursing care plans.
- Promptly notifying the appropriate medical practitioner of any problems that occur during dialysis treatments.
- Working with the dialysis technicians to ensure that dialysis machines and equipment are set up correctly.
- Teaching patients and their family members how to operate home dialysis machines should they decide on home dialysis therapy.
- Educating patients on dialysis treatment options, kidney disease management, as well as suitable nutrition and exercise regimens.
Dialysis Nurse Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in nursing.
- State license to practice nursing.
- Certification through the Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission (NNCC) is advantageous.
- Proven experience working as a dialysis nurse.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and observation skills.
- The ability to operate dialysis machines.
- The ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Patient and compassionate.